1. Walter MODCO® F4050 PCD face mill: Milling end faces
2. Walter Titex Alpha® Jet with Chamfer: for drilling of the flange bores
3. Walter Prototyp Protodyn® ECO-LM: Forming blind hole threads
4. Walter MODCO® PCD boring tool: Finishing bore contours
Transmission shafts are components whose function it is to pass on rotational movement and torque. As such, they are subjected to high torsional loads and must therefore be finished to exacting standards. Not only the shaft itself, but also the shaft-hub interface demands an extremely precise design. With the turning and drilling, boring tools in our specialist Walter and Walter Titex brands, we have discovered the right machining solutions for this crucial component for the automotive industry.
1. Walter Titex X-treme Drilling holes on a radius
2. Walter Capto™ External machining
3. Walter Turn boring bar: Internal machining of small diameters