Intense competition exists on an international scale between airlines and within the entire aerospace industry. The aircraft of the future must be as light and as economical as possible. Added to this is the passengers’ demand for the highest safety standards.
This presents a challenge for machining too, since materials which are difficult to machine, such as those used in the manufacture of jet engines, require special metal cutting tools and reliable, integrated processes
We have the right tools for machining titanium, composites or Ni/Co alloys. Our industry specialists possess a vast knowledge and many years of experience in the machining of demanding materials in the aerospace industry. With our extensive knowledge and experience, we develop tailored machining processes for you.
01. Walter Sky-tec™ Inserts.
02. Walter Whisker Keramic WWS20.
03. Walter Tiger-tec® Silver Inserts.
04. Walter Cut Capto™ Grooving Tools.
05. Walter Round Button Cutter F2334.
06. Walter Prototyp Protostar® Qmax
07. Walter Titiex Alpha X-treme Plus.
08. Walter Prototyp Tap TI.
The turbine housing of a jet engine is designed for maximum stability in order to withstand the possible impact of a breakaway turbine blade and its enormous centrifugal forces, if a technical fault occurs. Turbine housings are therefore generally manufactured from titanium alloys, Inconel or Waspaloy and additionally reinforced with aramid matting.
Multi-axis mill-turn centres and vertical boring and turning mills are used for machining these components. The right tools manufactured by us in this field for turning, milling and boring are the Sky•tec™, Tiger•tec® Silver PVD, Ti-Family, X•treme Inox and Alpha® Ni. All of these are high-performance tools which stand for maximum efficiency and precision.
01. Walter Capto™ Turning Tools.
02. Walter Cut Capto™ Grooving Tools.
03. Walter Prototyp ConeFit™ Milling Tools.
04. Walter Xtra-tec® Shoulder Mill F4042R.
05. Walter Xtra-tec® Slotting Cutter F4053.
06. Walter Titex X-treme Inox.
07. Walter Prototyp Protostar® Ti40
08. Walter Prototyp Protostar® HSC30.
09. Walter Prototyp Tap TI.
Turbine discs are among the engine components manufactured from titanium 64, heat-resistant high temperature alloys such as Inconel 718 and Udimet 720. These are complex workpieces with various different chambers and grooves which are rarely optimally accessible. Our aerospace specialists develop a machining solution for this which is tailored to the form of the component, and this solution can be applied in multi-axis mill-turn centres using our high-tech tools. Cost efficiency and process reliability are of highest importance in this situation.
01. Walter Whisker Keramic WWS20
02. Walter Tiger-tec® Silver Inserts
03. Walter Capto™ / ISO Turning Holder.
04. Walter Titex X-treme Inox
05. Walter Prototyp Protostar® N50.
06. Walter Titex X-treme Plus.
07. Walter Prototyp Root Form Cutter.
08. Walter Xtra-tec® Insert Drill.